We work with companies who want to “smash the second cloud computing bottleneck” and, among other things, are implementing private Platform as a Service. More often than not we do that using Cloud Foundry and our partner ActiveState Stackato.
Due to our growing Technical Support Center (serving both Professional and Managed services practices) we are hiring a number of junior and senior Technical Support Engineers. These are full time positions and can accomodate remote working as long as the candidate can visit our office in London semi-regularly.
Junior candidates should bring at least 1 year of experience in a support position, a hunger for problem-solving, great communication skills, and impressive skills in troubleshooting open source technology. You have a desire to understand and play with newer, cutting-edge technologies and software methodologies, and thrive in a fun and fast paced workplace.
This is to cover both 9am to 5pm GMT and CET and/or 24/7 required (open for discussion).
- Technical support and problem verification
- Quality assurance testing for multi-language platform as a service environment and tools
- Online support and community involvement
- Administration of dev, test and production systems
- Facilitate open and effective communication with internal and external teams
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent industry experience
- Minimum one year of experience working in software support, system administration, or related environments
- Intermediate scripting/dynamic language skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Technical knowledge and system administration experience in Linux environments
- Flexibility and adaptability for working in an ever-changing, dynamic environment with rapidly changing priorities and goals
Highly Desirable Qualifications:
- Knowledge of and experience in Java, Ruby or other programming languages
- Experience with virtualization software (e.g. VMware, VirtualBox)
- Network administration experience
Other Desirable Qualifications:
- Experience with one or more ticket tracking systems
- Experience with QA processes
- Experience working with source code control software
These positions are mainly remote as far as our customers are concerned and you can operate from our office in London, from your own home office or a mix of the two. At times it might be required to visit customers, especially at the beginning of new engagements to build relationships.
Don’t fit the bill?
We are always looking for experienced people who get Continuous Delivery, Software Operability, and share our belief that ‘It takes two to DevOps’. Check the other open positions in our Jobs section or drop us an email directly.
This position is open to anyone who can legally work in UK.
How to apply
To apply for this position, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with “TS004” as your subject. Your CV is welcome as a PDF, plain text or HTML file. Please note this is a hard requirement: we will discard candidates who fail to meet this basic prerequisite. Make sure you include appropriate links to any public work (blogs, Open Source projects, LinkedIn/Facebook profiles, etc…).
HighOps Limited is an equal-opportunity employer, please check our Equal Opportunity and Anti-Harassment Policy.